<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14085375\x26blogName\x3dPre-Cal+20S\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pc20s.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pc20s.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d7085728621806366094', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Shapes, Volumes, Surface Areas, Quadrilaterals!

This is a pretty fun unit, I must admit. I really like working with the properties of quadrilaterals for some reason. Ever since we did our Trig unit, I see triangles in everything I do, and now that I know how to do the sine and cosine laws, I find it a lot easier to figure out lengths and angles, and all that fun stuff. I find that probably my strongest skill in math is being able to explain how I did the problem. I may not always be right with my answers, but at least I can back up how I got the answer and what not. I think it is a good skill to have to be able to explain how you did the problem, then when you make a mistake it is much easier to just go back and find out where exactly you made the mistake.
I like working with quadrilaterals. I am a little worried about scale factors, because I wasn't here the day that we worked on it, so I think I'm going to be paying a lot of attention to scale factors when I study.
I thought it was really cool when I won the geometry set a few weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging, but I knew that Mr.K would come up with some sort of pattern when he chose his number, and that seemed to have paid off.

I don't have the greatest mark in Pre Cal, so I guess i need to work a lot harder, even tho I feel like I have been working REALLY hard already. I'm not really sure how much more effort I can put into it. I am super exhausted, but I am not ready to give up just yet. If you are feeling like you should give up, you shouldn't either. Remember sisyphus! I know I am probably beating his name to death, but I mean it. Don't give up.

Thats it for me now. This is a pretty lengthly post already. I am anxious, nervous, and eager for the test, all at the same time. I hope I do well *crosses fingers*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home