<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14085375\x26blogName\x3dPre-Cal+20S\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pc20s.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pc20s.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d7085728621806366094', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Trigonometry Is Easier Than Lines? I might be eating my words when I come to Grade 11.

Yes, well, for me, it is.

When we started this unit, I felt like it was going to be harder because in Grade 9, it was just introduced to us. I thought that we were going to deal with SohCahToa deeper than we had, but it turned out that we were just reviewing this stuff we learned from Grade 9. I don't really know yet, but I might eat my words sometime now.

We also learned new stuff about trigonometry, for example, like the Functions of Obtuse Angles, or whatever that lesson is called. It's basically something like determining whether the cosine or the sine will be positive or negative, or whatever e.g. sine of 30 will always be 1/2, and sine of 210 will be -1/2, cosine of 30 will always be √3/2. Mr. K taught me and my 4 other classmates in the library about it when I asked why number 2 letter a in our assignemt had two angles. Well, it turned out that we weren't supposed to be doing this stuff yet, but since I asked, he's going to go over it, albeit brief. (That wasn't brief, sir. Took the whole period to explain to the 5 of us. :)

Then we come to the Sine Law. This law is used on triangles that are NOT right triangles. In my opinion, this is one of the easy lessons in Pre-Cal. I had quite a bit of trouble at the start, but once I figured out how to solve for side a, angle A, it was quite easy. I was happy that I got most of it.

Anyway, we have a test coming up on Tuesday or Thursday next week, and we get our last test about lines (argh!) on Thursday this week, hopefully. I hope I did good, it was really tough. Good luck to everyone!

HUT, HUT, HIKE!

1 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

trigonometry was always easy :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home