<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14085375\x26blogName\x3dPre-Cal+20S\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pc20s.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pc20s.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d7085728621806366094', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Slopes, linear equations, lines - makes my head ache.

Pre-cal has been quite nasty to me this few days. I don't get some of the stuff, which is really annoying, because I understand everything while in class, but when I look at the homework, it's a different thing. Sometimes I just feel like swearing at the homework and tell it to cooperate with me, but no. I have to do it the hard way. I have to figure it out even though I don't know what to do. Thankfully, there are my classmates, which provide help when I really need them, and especially Mr. K, who makes me see everything clearly.

We have an upcoming test on Thursday next week, and Mr. K says we have to put up a post here before we take the test. Well, I was having trouble with last night's homework, and I wasn't happy about it. The authors confused me because they used the standard(?) form (ax+by+c=0, or ax+by=c) with the standard form that Mr. K has taught us, which is also called the slope-intercept form (y=mx+b, m is the slope, and b is the y-intercept). I was so lost on which formula(algorithm?) to use, that I sweared loudly. It was resolved quickly the next day, as Mr. K has explained to us that the exercise book uses this formula(ax+by=c) as the standard form, and most of the books use this formula as this is really the standard form. But then, when you simplify it, it always leads to the slope-intercept formula. The standard form isn't really as helpful as the slope-intercept form because it's quite confusing, as Mr. K says. Good, because I won't confuse it anymore with the slope-intercept formula.

So the next time I confuse a formula with another formula, I won't swear at it anymore, just stare at it or scowl, then wait for the next day for Mr. K to help me. =) Thanks, sir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home