<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14085375\x26blogName\x3dPre-Cal+20S\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pc20s.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pc20s.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d7085728621806366094', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Mentality of the Math-er (I think I can, I think I can!)


I definitely feel better about the things we've been learning over the last couple classes. Even though I know I still don't have it down completely, I feel much better about intercepts, the graphs and formulas. I have to admit when we wrote the formulas in our math dictionary and I didn't really understand them, I sort of panicked. I was worried that I'd never get it even though we had only just started! Luckily, Friday's class really helped me. Panicking about math, or any other school subject is never good...but especially when it's over math. I think trying too hard to understand can be just as bad as not trying hard enough. My grade 9 teacher used to tell me and the rest of my math class that if we accustomed ourselves to defeat, or thought we couldn't do it even before we tried, we never would get it. She told us to think we could do it [ I think I can, I think I can :) ] and not to panic. That was some of the best advice I've ever gotten.

I 've already learned so many new things from Mr. K. and I look forward to learning a ton more new things!

2 Comments:

At 10/01/2005 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool...

 
At 10/01/2005 11:50 PM, Blogger John D. - #12 said...

That's the spirit, Kim. I take my hat off to you. (=

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home